The aim of the next MIA Online Event on May 13th, 2020 is to present 4 showcases, providing insights how Energy Communities can be implemented in Austria to enfold their full potential. What is important for a successful implementation from the mayors‘ point of view? Which ideas and systems underlie this vision and how are the applied concepts accepted by the citizens?
Four practitioners are going to present their approaches, based either on electricity only or in combination with thermal heat. In the online discussion stakeholders and members of Energy Communities present their point of view and explain their motivation to join the new movements.
How do the examples contribute to the goals described by Florian Maringer (Federal Ministry for Climate Action, Austria) at the first MIA Online Event? When it comes to increasing project acceptance, mobilizing private capital and increasing flexibility in the market?
The online audience is invited to contribute via online chat and polls. The session will be accompanied by a graphic recording process.
08.30 – 09.00 h: Check-in
09.00 – 09.10 h: Introduction
Moderation: Hemma Bieser (avantsmart, Austria), Michael Hübner (Federal Ministry for Climate Action, Austria),
09.10 – 09.30 h: Opening Remark Eva-Maria Titz (Federal Ministry for Climate Action, Austria)
09.30 – 10.50 h: Energy Community Initiatives presentations
- Innovation Lab Act4Energy , Michael Niederkofler (Act4Energy, Austria)
- Testbed Heimschuh, Gregor Taljan (Energie Steiermark Netze GmbH, Austria)
- Microgrid Forschungslabor Wieselburg, Michael Zellinger (BEST – Bioenergy and Sustainable Technologies GmbH)
- OurPower.coop, Ulfert Höhne (OurPower Energy Cooperative)
10:50 – 11:00 h: Coffee Break
11.00 – 11.45 h: Panel Discussion and Interactive Session, various stakeholder, mayors, citizens: Bernd Strobl (Mayor of Ollersdorf, Austria), Emil Schöllerl (Citizen of Ollersdorf, Austria), Gerhard Knippitsch (Vice-Mayor of Heimschuh, Austria)
- Why do municipalities and citizens participate in your initiative?
- What is the intended contribution to the Energy Transition/Energy System?
- What are your key success factors and barriers?
Moderation: Hemma Bieser
11.45 – 12.00 h: Wrap-up and Closing with Michael Hübner
Federal Ministry for Climate Action, Austria
Partners and Support